DevelopmentWA is a new and exciting place to work with a diverse team of people making a real difference in the revitalisation of our city, metropolitan and regional areas.
A passionate and dedicated team
Our skilled, multi-disciplinary team of professionals brings a broad range of experience and expertise to each project. We continually invest in our staff to ensure we deliver the best outcomes in our work.
From initial identification of land needs, through to planning, construction and marketing, we share expertise and work across all tiers of government, business, industry associations and regional development commissions to deliver long-term, sustainable communities.
Anyone can apply for vacancies unless stated otherwise in the job advertisement. Australian Citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for permanent positions in the public sector. Non-permanent residents who have an appropriate visa are eligible for fixed term appointments.
DevelopmentWA promotes equity and diversity and encourages applicants with disabilities, Aboroginal Australians, Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiting agents.
Graduate Officer x 2
DevelopmentWA embraces diversity and welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
DevelopmentWA is a Government Trading Enterprise and is Western Australia's land development agency. DevelopmentWA develops, sells and leases land across the State to create residential, industrial and commercial opportunities.
We invite all pro-active, energetic, motivated 2019 and 2020 graduates to apply for our hands-on, innovative and highly engaging graduate program!
You don’t need to come from a property background. Our most recent graduates have provided feedback that any discipline would benefit from this graduate program. The program is for new graduates who are looking for an exciting opportunity that will get you talking to people, working closely with teams, forming strong relationships, learning what people do and attending interesting site visits, including involvement in large scale projects such as Subiaco Oval, Ocean Reef Marina and East Perth Power Station.
Our Graduate program (commencing February 2021) provides a challenging and exciting rotation schedule, working across all facets of our business. You will rotate through our core business divisions, Business Development and Marketing, Finance and Corporate Services, Planning and Operations, supporting our Project/Development Managers on Industrial, Metropolitan and Regional land development projects.
Upon successful completion of an initial rotation around our core business divisions, you will be offered a Project Officer role and assigned to work across the business, taking part in exciting work with different project teams.
We have run our highly successful graduate program for the last 17 years. Our graduate retention is high because we offer a valuable experience working on exciting projects, while nurturing professional development opportunities within a clearly structured career path.
What we are looking for?
Graduates from all disciplines will be considered. The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- A pro-active “can do” attitude
- A passion for the land and property industry
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and social networking skills
- A team player attitude
- High level research, analytical and problem solving skills
- An ability to demonstrate a commitment to our values
You will need Australian work rights to be eligible for our Graduate Program.
What we offer:
- Dedicated buddy and mentors throughout all rotations
- Interesting project work and site visits
- Study assistance and learning and development opportunities
- Spacious and modern office overlooking Elizabeth Quay and close to all amenities
- Fun and active social club
- Health and Wellness Program (fruit boxes, health assessments, fitness subsidy, flu vaccinations, employee assistance program)
- Generous leave benefits
- Flexibility to work from home
Applications close: Sunday 29th November 2020.
If you think you have a positive attitude and the ambition to succeed, apply now via Seek with your cover letter and CV.
Helpful hints to applicants: Try to restrict your CV to two pages, keep the layout simple, do your homework by researching DevelopmentWA and gaining familiarity with our projects and values.
With more than 150 projects on the go across Western Australia, our diverse and dynamic working environment offers an exciting workplace culture which both challenges and rewards.
We encourage our staff to progress and develop their careers with regular training provided for those seeking new opportunities and experiences across regional, industrial, innovation and urban regeneration programs.
Our organisational values – collaborate, achieve, respect and adapt – shape our culture and promote positive relationships in an exciting workplace.
A dedicated culture group works on initiatives to continually improve our workplace and make it a better place to work to ensure we:
- Adopt a friendly and inclusive culture;
- Encourage innovation and a strong work-ethic
- Value diversity
- Support those in our community less fortunate than us, and
- Support an active workplace giving initiative
We offer a range of benefits and progressive employment conditions, as well as a great workplace culture. Competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements and generous leave provisions are just some of the many benefits which make working for with us an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
- Great location close to train station and cafes
- Active social club and culture club
- Modern comfortable offices
- Long service leave available as well as an option to purchase extra annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and paid parental leave
- End of trip facilities
- Health and wellbeing focus including health checks, fitness groups and a fitness subsidy
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program