DevelopmentWA is a new and exciting place to work with a diverse team of people making a real difference in the revitalisation of our city, metropolitan and regional areas.
A passionate and dedicated team
Our skilled, multi-disciplinary team of professionals brings a broad range of experience and expertise to each project. We continually invest in our staff to ensure we deliver the best outcomes in our work.
From initial identification of land needs, through to planning, construction and marketing, we share expertise and work across all tiers of government, business, industry associations and regional development commissions to deliver long-term, sustainable communities.
Anyone can apply for vacancies unless stated otherwise in the job advertisement. Australian Citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for permanent positions in the public sector. Non-permanent residents who have an appropriate visa are eligible for fixed term appointments.
DevelopmentWA promotes equity and diversity and encourages applicants with disabilities, Aboriginal Australians, Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiting agents.
Manager Statutory Planning x 2
We have an exciting opportunity for two people in the positions of Manager Statutory Planning.
These positions are responsible for leading a team of statutory planners to undertake statutory planning activities for specific redevelopment project(s) and/or redevelopment areas/sectors enabling high quality outcomes and ensuring compliance with Parts 5 and 6 of the MRA Act. The position is also responsible for managing the investigation of complex planning and development issues and the provision of professional planning advice.
Success factors for the position holders include:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of planning, urban design and environmental systems, legislation, methodologies and practices
- Demonstrated experience in statutory implementation within complex urban environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams including effective management of finance, physical and human resources.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and customer sand deliver quality customer service.
For more information on the role, please refer to the position description.
These vacancies are advertised externally and all applicants must apply via Manager Statutory Planning (jobs.wa.gov.au). Applications close 5pm Monday, 8 March 2021.
Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program have now closed.
With more than 150 projects on the go across Western Australia, our diverse and dynamic working environment offers an exciting workplace culture which both challenges and rewards.
We encourage our staff to progress and develop their careers with regular training provided for those seeking new opportunities and experiences across regional, industrial, innovation and urban regeneration programs.
Our organisational values – collaborate, achieve, respect and adapt – shape our culture and promote positive relationships in an exciting workplace.
A dedicated culture group works on initiatives to continually improve our workplace and make it a better place to work to ensure we:
- Adopt a friendly and inclusive culture;
- Encourage innovation and a strong work-ethic
- Value diversity
- Support those in our community less fortunate than us, and
- Support an active workplace giving initiative
We offer a range of benefits and progressive employment conditions, as well as a great workplace culture. Competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements and generous leave provisions are just some of the many benefits which make working for with us an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
- Great location close to train station and cafes
- Active social club and culture club
- Modern comfortable offices
- Long service leave available as well as an option to purchase extra annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and paid parental leave
- End of trip facilities
- Health and wellbeing focus including health checks, fitness groups and a fitness subsidy
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program