Alkimos Beach, Australia's first 6 Star Green Star certified community is an Innovation through Demonstration development that is breaking new ground in innovation and sustainability to create a community that balances resource efficient design and quality of life for the whole community. This globally recognised award-winning development is leading the way in delivering sustainability and design excellence.
6 STAR GREEN STAR – COMMUNITIES
Alkimos Beach is being delivered in line with a best-practice approach to sustainability and design excellence that has been recognised at the highest level. This coastal development has been awarded Australia's first 6 Star Green Star – Communities rating for a residential master-planned project from the Green Building Council of Australia, the nation's authority on sustainable buildings and communities.
The rating sets the bar for community development and demonstrates our long-term commitment to realising the potential of developments for the greater benefit of all Western Australians.
Alkimos Beach was assessed against a number of benchmarks in consideration for the award including:
- Governance and innovation
- Design excellence
- Environmental sustainability
- Economic prosperity
To protect the pristine nature of Alkimos Beach, the development will feature innovative initiatives that will demonstrate sustainability and move towards carbon-neutral living including water conservation, energy reduction and reduced waste.
This Innovation through Demonstration development will be part of the largest urban centre in Perth's rapidly growing northern coastal corridor with the following initiatives working towards creating an environmental conscious sustainable community:
- Mandatory solar panels and gas-boosted solar hot water systems as well as other energy-efficient appliances. These are expected to reduce home energy bills by up to 50 per cent.
- Smart water initiatives planned throughout the site, including storm water retention, bore water irrigation and water efficient appliances in each home.
- Walking and cycling paths to link the beach, town centre and train station.
- All homes will be within 800 metres of the local centre and transport links.
- Fibre-to-the-premises internet connectivity is being provided throughout the development to encourage a working from home environment.
To complement these existing initiatives, Alkimos Beach is collaborating with Western Australian energy retailer Synergy and the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) to deliver Australias first energy storage trial using innovative battery storage technology at the residential community level for residents living in Escarpment Park.
\We are also working towards increasing the amount of builders construction waste being recycled by funding a builders construction waste program that is delivered through Earthcare Recycling